Filipe Ferreira, a recent design graduate, has had the opportunity of a lifetime. Working in "design utopia," as It's Nice That puts it, for a year at the Benetton’s Fabrica research department, he has created some stunning work that few will shun. Most notably, Filipe Ferreira has focused on furniture.
Hailing from Porto, Portugal, Filipe Ferreira's furniture follows Fabrica's open ethos beautifully. Playful and minimalist, there is a clean geometric aesthetic to his creations that offer a visual treat for the eyes. Using various vibrant hues such as green, yellow and red, Filipe Ferreira adds an element of fun that is hard to resist. As stated on his website, he exercises "a strong conceptual thinking emphasing distinctive typographic language, grids, images and the optimum balance between all this elements."
Filipe Ferreira Creates Using Clean Lines and Vibrant Hues
1. Geometric Furniture Design - Opportunity for furniture designers to create visually stunning and minimalist furniture pieces with clean geometric aesthetic and vibrant hues.
2. Playful Minimalism - Opportunity for all designers to experiment with incorporating playfulness into minimalist design aesthetics for a visually engaging product lineup.
3. Conceptual Thinking in Design - Opportunity for designers to expand their creative and conceptual thinking and experiment with typography, grids, images, and optimum balance.
1. Furniture Design - Opportunity for furniture designers to create playful and colourful yet minimalist furniture pieces with a focus on a clean geometric aesthetic.
2. Home Decor - Opportunity for home decor and interior designers to experiment with playful and minimalist furniture pieces and add an element of fun to minimalistic design aesthetics.
3. Graphic Design - Opportunity for graphic designers to incorporate the principles of conceptual thinking, typography, grids, and images to create engaging visual concepts for branding and marketing.