Vienna-based Dutch fashion designer Anouk Wipprecht created this incredible piece of fashion tech that reacts to movement around it. The contraption was designed to look like a spider and it rests upon the shoulders of the dress. When someone approaches, the sensors pick up the vibrations and the robotic legs twitch and move.
This beautiful yet macabre accessory is truly the future of tech couture. The designer compares it to fashion crazes in celebrity culture: "When someone like Will.i.am or Gaga shows up with blinking jewelry or color-changing bags, the crowd will definitely follow."
Fashion tech definitely catches the eye of the public, in a dramatic, powerful and theatrical way. This is where intelligence, creativity, inspiration and fashion come together. There are several other pieces in the collection including a dress that emits smoke with movement and a dress that becomes transparent around other people.
This Piece of Fashion Tech Reacts to Movement Like a Spider
1. Fashion Tech - Opportunity for integrating technology into fashion to create dramatic and powerful designs.
2. Robotic Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity in creating accessories that react to movement and create a theatrical experience.
3. Tech Couture - Emerging trend of combining intelligence, creativity, inspiration, and fashion to create futuristic and innovative designs.
1. Fashion and Technology - Opportunity for collaborations between fashion designers and tech companies to create cutting-edge fashion tech products.
2. Fashion Design - Innovation opportunity for fashion designers to experiment with integrating robotics and technology into their designs.
3. Entertainment Industry - Potential for collaboration between fashion designers and celebrities to create attention-grabbing, tech-infused fashion accessories.