Fan Angel is a new website that is sure to make a splash in both college and professional sports in America. The idea is a simple one: let fans motivate their favorite teams and players monetarily. Members pledge money to challenges, which can be either individual or team-based. If a challenge is completed -- say your team wins the championship -- the money is dispersed. If your team/chosen player fails, then you get your money back.
The NCAA isn't too fond of paying student athletes to play and especially doesn't like when third parties do so. However, Fan Angel says that it will only divvy out the winnings when a player goes pro or when their eligibility ends. If Fan Angel takes off then the battle for kids to stay and play as well as over what college they choose could soon involve more voices and a lot more money.
Fan Angel Lets Spectators Fund Their Favorite Teams and Players
1. Crowdfunding for Sports - Fan Angel's platform allows fans to financially support their favorite teams and players, indicating the potential for a disruptive innovation in crowdfunding for the sports industry.
2. Fan Engagement - Fan Angel's concept of enabling fans to pledge money to challenges creates new opportunities for increasing fan participation and engagement in sports.
3. Monetizing Fan Loyalty - Fan Angel taps into the idea of monetizing fan loyalty by providing a platform for supporters to financially incentivize their favorite teams and players.
1. Sports - Fan Angel's platform has the potential to disrupt the sports industry by offering a new way for fans to financially support their favorite teams and players.
2. Crowdfunding - The success of Fan Angel could lead to the development of new crowdfunding platforms that focus specifically on supporting athletes and sports teams.
3. Online Platforms - Fan Angel represents an innovative online platform that could inspire the creation of similar platforms catering to different industries or interests.