At a first glance, the IKEA print ad campaign called 'Family Tree' looks like it's about furniture that's been handed down from one generation to the next. However, the framed family trees respond to the astonishing fact that one in ten people born in Europe were conceived in an IKEA bed.
These print ads map out the exact IKEA furniture pieces that were responsible for so many baby births and not all of them are beds either—according to some of these family trees, not all of the baby-making happened in beds either, as some tables, sinks and washing machines are included in these fun family trees. Without saying any of this, the campaign posters neatly sums up all of this information with a tagline that suggests IKEA is "Where family starts."
The IKEA Family Tree Campaign Maps Out Where Babies Are Made
1. Familial Furniture Ads - Identifying and celebrating the connection between furniture and family, creating emotional connections with consumers.
2. Generational Marketing - Highlighting the longevity and legacy of furniture products, appealing to consumers who value tradition and history.
3. Consumer Data Insights - Leveraging data on consumer behavior to understand the impact of furniture on daily life and personal experiences.
1. Home Furnishings - Innovating furniture designs and marketing strategies that emphasize the sentimental value that furniture holds for families.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Developing creative campaigns that tap into emotional connections and personal stories, engaging consumers on a deeper level.
3. Data Analytics - Utilizing data analysis tools and techniques to uncover insights on consumer behavior and preferences related to furniture purchases.