So, you have all heard about fair trade goods such as those coffees from McDonald’s; now universities have begun joining in the fight to ensure fairness for third world farmers.
To become stamped as a fair trade university, universities have to strive to increase the amount of fair trade goods sold on campus. This can include food and beverages sold in cafes.
Through this, universities are hoping to spread awareness regarding fair trade and how it affects those in developing countries.
Selling Socially Conscious Goods on Campus Gains Popularity
1. Fair Trade Campus Goods - The trend of offering an increasing variety of fair trade goods on university campuses provides an opportunity for companies to create and distribute more fair trade products.
2. Socially Conscious Campuses - The trend of universities striving to become fair trade certified presents an opportunity for businesses to create partnerships with institutions and promote themselves as socially conscious.
3. Promoting Fair Trade Awareness - The trend of universities promoting fair trade and educating students about the impact of their purchases presents an opportunity for businesses to collaborate with educational institutions to spread awareness about fair trade practices.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can benefit from creating more fair trade products and partnering with universities to offer these goods on campus.
2. Retail - Retail companies can collaborate with universities to sell fair trade products on campus and promote their commitment to social responsibility.
3. Education - The education industry can benefit from partnering with businesses to promote fair trade practices and educate students on the impact of their purchases on developing countries.