The Extra Butter Mishka Fall 2010 lookbook features a "death" theme in both the clothing and photoshoot.
The lookbook also plays on Michael Jackson's legendary 'Thriller' video, dressing up models as zombies and werewolves. Even with the gory bloody makeup it does not take away from the rad clothes being showcased. Hoodies, graphic tees and fitted caps still make the Extra Butter Mishka Fall 2010 collection look fresh to death.
Implications - One of the most effective forms of advertising for a company are ads that mock, parody, or recreate culturally significant moments. By investing in homages to pop culture events that had a serious impact on many, the company establishes a connection between a memorable historical moment and their product, embedding a personal connection between the brand and the public in the minds of consumers.
Extra Butter Mishka Fall 2010 Lookbook is a Page Turner
1. Culturally-inspired Marketing - Companies can create effective advertising by mocking or recreating culturally significant moments, establishing a personal connection with consumers.
2. Nostalgic Influences - Incorporating references to iconic pop culture events into products or campaigns can generate consumer interest and create a sense of nostalgia.
3. Creative Lookbooks - Creating unique and themed lookbooks with visually striking concepts can elevate brand perception and captivate target audiences.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on culturally-inspired marketing by incorporating nostalgic influences and creative lookbooks to enhance brand appeal and resonate with consumers.
2. Advertising and Marketing - The advertising and marketing industry can explore new approaches by leveraging culturally-inspired campaigns and creative lookbooks to engage audiences and create memorable brand experiences.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can collaborate with fashion brands to reimagine iconic pop culture moments, resulting in unique and eye-catching collaborations that appeal to fans of both industries.