Set to be launched in rural India as a solution to help offer connectivity options, the Facebook 'Express WiFi' service will enable cost-effective Internet access for consumers.
The new service from Facebook will work with local Internet service providers and mobile operators in order to provide a cost-effective option for accessing the Internet. Connectivity would be possible by allowing consumers to purchase affordable data packs that would come in the form of digital vouchers.
The Facebook 'Express WiFi' service was explained by a spokesperson from the company when they said, "We focus on building a sustainable economic model for all stakeholders involved, so the local retailer entrepreneurs, ISPs, operators and Facebook can continue to invest in and operate lasting connectivity. We believe a sustainable economic model is the one which scale to bring all of India online."
The Facebook 'Express WiFi' Service will Launch in Rural India
1. Cost-effective Internet Access - The Facebook Express WiFi service offers an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the telecommunications industry, particularly in developing countries where affordable connectivity options are scarce.
2. Collaboration with Local Isps and Operators - Creating strategic partnerships with local Internet service providers and mobile operators can disrupt the traditional telecommunications industry by offering more accessible and affordable Internet options.
3. Digital Vouchers for Affordable Data Packs - Introducing digital vouchers for purchasing data packs offers an opportunity for innovation in the telecommunications industry by simplifying the process and making it more convenient for consumers.
1. Telecommunications - The Facebook Express WiFi service offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in the telecommunications industry by offering new and more affordable connectivity options.
2. Technology - Collaborating with local Internet service providers and mobile operators can create opportunities for disruptive innovation within the technology industry by expanding the reach of affordable Internet access.
3. Retail - Partnering with local retailers to distribute digital vouchers for purchasing data packs offers an opportunity for innovation within the retail industry and can increase accessibility for consumers.