ANKLECO is now on Kickstarter, introducing its ethical footwear styles to the world via a crowdfunding campaign that will resonate with many consumers who are invested in making sustainable purchases. The brand's footwear is comfortable, odor-free and durable thanks to its unique combination of materials—recycled plastic, bamboo fiber, natural rubber and recycled coffee grounds.
ANKLECO's footwear products are available in four designs that help to address some of the pitfalls of the shoe industry as a whole. While ANKLECO cites that are 20 billion shoes produced annually, only one out of every three pairs is recycled. The brand's sustainable styles boast simple design features like cotton eyelets in place of metal for ease of recycling.
ANKLECO Makes Footwear from Recycled Plastic and Coffee Grounds
1. Recycled Footwear - The trend of using recycled materials in footwear design has the potential to disrupt the traditional shoe industry and promote eco-friendly practices.
2. Ethical Fashion - The rise of ethical fashion brands like ANKLECO indicates a growing consumer demand for sustainable and socially responsible products, creating opportunities for companies who prioritize ethics in their production processes.
3. Sustainable Crowdfunding - The success of ANKLECO's Kickstarter campaign demonstrates the potential for sustainable businesses to gain financial support from consumers who prioritize sustainable production practices.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has a major impact on the environment, and the use of sustainable materials in production has the potential to disrupt these practices and reduce their impact.
2. Recycling and Waste Management - The low rate of shoe recycling highlights the potential for innovation in recycling and waste management industries to address the environmental impacts of footwear production and waste.
3. Sustainability Consulting - As more companies prioritize sustainability in their production processes, opportunities for sustainability consulting firms to provide guidance and support will continue to grow and evolve.