Tables are usually created with a pretty standard (albeit tried and true) design--one solid piece of wood held by four solid wooden legs. Well, designer Emiliano Godoy must have been bored by that, so he created the ‘Drip Table.’
The ‘Drip Table’ by Emiliano Godoy is created using many small pieces of wood to create a table with legs that show off the different heights of the wood. The table was made as a suggestion for combating forest thinning, with the idea being that small trees could be used instead of large ones, which take much more time to be regrown.
Emiliano Godoy Creates a 'Drip Table' With Varying Heights
1. Eco-friendly Furniture - The use of smaller and often neglected trees to make furniture can lead to designing furniture that is eco-friendly and sustainable.
2. Creative Leg Designs - Designers can experiment with creative leg designs for furniture, which can offer unique and eye-catching features.
3. Sustainable Forestry - Creating furniture with smaller trees can encourage sustainable forestry practices and reduce the demand for large, slow-growing trees.
1. Furniture - Furniture designers can leverage materials and ideas from sustainable forestry practices to incorporate eco-friendliness into their designs.
2. Home Decor - With the trend towards sustainable and eco-friendly design, home decor professionals can incorporate these creative and sustainable designs into their product lines.
3. Woodworking - Woodworking businesses can explore the use of small and often overlooked trees to create unique and eco-friendly furniture designs.