Out of Office is an email art gallery, or a 'micro curatorial platform' that uses the auto-reply function to display works of art. This means you receive access to a curated art gallery through your email. To see the artists' work, all you have to do is send an email to the participating addresses and you will receive their auto reply, otherwise known as the 'out of office' message.
Created by Matthew Britton, the email art gallery is intended as a more private platform for people to enjoy art. Rather than having to go to a gallery or exhibit in person, viewers can fully revel in their personal space. This is ideal for social anxiety-ridden art enthusiasts.
Out of Office is currently exhibiting ArcadeCardiff until the end of April.
This Email Art Gallery Makes Beautiful Use of the Out of Office Feature
1. Email Art Galleries - Opportunity for artists to showcase their work through email auto-reply.
2. Micro Curatorial Platforms - Emerging platforms that curate art experiences through unconventional channels like email.
3. Virtual Art Consumption - Increasing demand for art experiences that can be enjoyed from the comfort of one's personal space.
1. Art Exhibitions - Art galleries and museums can explore incorporating email platforms as a way to engage with new audiences and increase accessibility to their collections.
2. Digital Marketing - Marketers can leverage email auto-reply as a creative medium for advertising and brand storytelling, captivating recipients in unexpected ways.
3. Mental Health - Email art galleries provide an opportunity for individuals with social anxiety to engage with and appreciate art without the pressure of attending physical exhibitions.