The Elle UK August 2014 Kai Z Feng Texture Riot editorial displays an assortment of fabrics via the fashion pairings of editor Anne-Marie Curtis. Photographer Feng captured each piece with a specific knack for the display of varying consistencies, showcasing the beauty of unique materials and their effect upon ensembles.
Amid the targeted textures were light feathers, firm beads, velvety silk and plush nylon. Models Irina Kulikova, Franzi Mueller, Zen, Ragnhild and Josefin Gustafsson sported the apparel, mixing varying cloths with one another while on camera.
Make up artist Naoko Scintu stuck to basic, muted palettes. This made the women appear remarkably natural while drawing even more attention to Curtis' proclivity for pairing different textiles together in the same outfits.
The Elle UK August 2014 Hai Feng Photoshoot is Eclectic
1. Texture Mixing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative techniques and technology to seamlessly combine different textures in fashion design.
2. Photographic Display of Fabrics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with photographers and fashion editors to create visually striking images that showcase the unique textures and materials used in fashion.
3. Natural Makeup Palettes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create organic and sustainable makeup products that enhance natural beauty and complement different textile combinations in fashion.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate technological advancements such as 3D printing and smart textiles to create fashion pieces that seamlessly integrate various textures.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new techniques and equipment to capture the intricate details and textures of fashion materials in a visually appealing way.
3. Cosmetics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Research and develop natural and sustainable makeup products that enhance the textures and materials of fashion, catering to the growing demand for eco-friendly beauty solutions.