Volkswagen has created an electric beetle with a classic design. The classic electric beetle uses the same power system from its e-Up! car. The new Beetle design will be part of the company's eClassics series, which is comprised of electronically powered classic cars. Notably, the company created a Type 20 Campervan that operated on electric power. The car will be officially revealed at the Frankfurt Motor show.
The car is powered by a 3.8 kWh lithium-ion battery that is able to produce 81 BHP. The top speed is 93 MPH, and it can accelerate to 31MPH in under four seconds. The range of the car has been measured at 124 miles. The car's battery is also able to support fast charging.
Image Credit: Volkswagen
Volkswagen Has Revealed the Next Model of Its eClassics Series
1. Electric Classic Cars - Creating electronically powered versions of classic cars, providing an opportunity for companies to revive popular designs and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Retrofitting Technology - Integrating modern electric power systems into classic car models, allowing companies to extend the lifetime of classic designs and meet the growing demand for sustainable transportation.
3. Heritage and Sustainability Combination - Uniting classic designs with environmentally friendly technology, which appeals to consumers who value heritage and sustainability.
1. Automotive Industry - Opportunity for automakers to cater to niche markets and enhance brand image by developing innovative, sustainable transportation products and services.
2. Heritage Preservation Industry - Opportunity for businesses specializing in preserving historic vehicles to incorporate sustainable technology and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Vintage Car Dealerships - Opportunity for vintage car dealerships to retrofit classic car models with modern electric power systems and attract a new target market interested in eco-friendly cars.