I like the concept of this bookshelf which dynamically adjusts its shape to whatevere you put inside it. The Elastica Bookshelf, designed by Arianna Vivenzio, is basically a large elastic bandage stretched around 2 metal posts that are permanently fixed to the wall.
The design allows you to fit a variety of different sized objects inside, such as books, CDs, DVDs, trinkets and even boxes full of smaller items. The shelf takes a different shape as you change its contents.
1. Dynamic Shape-shifting - The concept of dynamically adjusting furniture to accommodate different contents presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in furniture design.
2. Flexible Storage - The rise of flexible storage solutions like the Elastica Bookshelf opens up potential for disruption in the home organization industry.
3. Adaptive Furniture - The trend towards adaptive furniture designs that can be customized to fit different objects creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the interior design sector.
1. Furniture Design - The Elastica Bookshelf demonstrates potential disruptions in the furniture design industry by introducing dynamic and adaptive features.
2. Home Organization - Flexible storage solutions like the Elastica Bookshelf have the potential to disrupt the home organization industry by providing versatile storage solutions.
3. Interior Design - The concept of adaptive furniture, exemplified by the Elastica Bookshelf, presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the interior design industry.