Vital Farms launched single-serve refrigerated egg bites last year and the Austin-based company is expanding its product portfolio with all-new egg-based bars. The heat-and-eat breakfast bars are made with pasture-raised liquid whole eggs and cheese, meat and vegetables, and recipes that exclude added sugar, preservatives and fillers. The bars, available in varieties like uncured bacon and cheddar cheese with hash browns or broccoli and cheddar cheese with a pastry crust boast up to 14 grams of protein per bar.
The savory breakfast bars share a convenient way for people to enjoy a satisfying breakfast in a matter of minutes. Like the brand's previously released egg bite snacks, these egg-based bars are designed to be stored in the fridge for freshness.
Vital Farms' Savory Egg-Based Bars Make Quick, Protein-Packed Meals
1. Egg-based Bars - The creation of egg-based bars allows for a more portable and convenient protein-packed meal option.
2. Refrigerated Snack Food - Continued development of refrigerated snack foods with high protein and low sugar content will fill gaps in the market for busy consumers concerned with health.
3. Heat-and-eat Meals - The growth of the heat-and-eat meal market offers opportunities for new and innovative products with the convenience that busy consumers are seeking.
1. Packaged Food - Manufacturers who specialize in high protein breakfast foods should investigate creating their own heat-and-eat egg-based bars.
2. Grocery - Supermarkets can expand their selection of refrigerated, heat-and-eat snacks with savory breakfast bars.
3. Convenience Stores - Convenience stores can differentiate themselves by offering new healthy snack options, such as Vital Farms' heat-and-eat breakfast bars.