Based in Amsterdam, this Dutch eco food delivery service brings groceries from farmers markets on sustainable e-trikes. FOODLOGICA uses solar powered electronic tricycles for the 'last mile' of food transportation. The service is focused on bringing produce from urban farmers markets to local catering businesses, in particular.
Developed by Cities magazine, the FOODLOGICA initiative aims to give food providers with a zero emissions alternative when dealing with caterers and transportation choices. Starting at 15 euros, the carbon free option costs more for longer distances and additional stops to incentivize green habits.
The eco food delivery service not only reduces the amount of emissions and costs caused by transport trucks, but also encourages local enterprise and relationships between suppliers and businesses.
This Eco Food Delivery Service Focuses on Local Business Relationships
1. Eco Food Delivery - This trend presents an opportunity for businesses to develop eco-friendly food delivery services using sustainable transportation methods.
2. Local Sourcing - This trend provides an opportunity for businesses to focus on sourcing local produce and building relationships with farmers.
3. Green Incentives - This trend creates an opportunity for businesses to incentivize green habits and reduce carbon emissions through cost differentiation based on distance and stops.
1. Sustainable Transportation - Sustainable transportation industry can capitalize on the trend by developing electric tricycles and other eco-friendly delivery vehicles.
2. Agriculture/farming - Agricultural businesses can benefit from the trend by supplying local produce to eco food delivery services and establishing partnerships.
3. Catering/restaurant - Catering and restaurant businesses can tap into the trend by utilizing eco food delivery services and showcasing their commitment to sustainability.