The sudden loss of a loved one can be incredibly difficult to cope with, and because of that, designer Dagny Rewera created the Echoic Vessels series as a grieving mechanism to help ease the pain.
Embedded along the sides of the vessels are strips of magnetic pigments that act much like a tape recorder, allowing the user to connect a set of headphones to the reading want and listen to a prerecorded sound as the urns slowly turn. There is a limited amount of times the noises can be played, giving the mourner the chance to grieve yet also move on and heal as time passes.
Echoic Vessels are a modern take on traditional urns.
Dagny Rewera Remembers the Dead with the Echoic Vessels Series
1. Grief Therapy - The Echoic Vessels series highlights the trend of using design as a therapeutic tool for grief, opening up opportunities for innovative products that help individuals cope with loss.
2. Interactive Memorials - The sound-embedded urns in the Echoic Vessels series reflect the trend of incorporating technology to create interactive and personalized memorials, presenting a space for disruptive innovation in the funeral industry.
3. Multisensory Experiences - By combining visual and auditory elements, the Echoic Vessels series aligns with the trend of creating multisensory experiences for memorialization, providing a platform for disruptive innovations in the bereavement space.
1. Funeral Services - The sound-embedded urns of the Echoic Vessels series present a disruptive innovation opportunity for the funeral services industry to offer unique and personalized funeral products.
2. Design and Technology - The combination of design and technology in the Echoic Vessels series opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for the design and technology industries to create interactive and transformative memorialization products.
3. Wellness and Therapy - The therapeutic nature of the Echoic Vessels series creates a space for disruption in the wellness and therapy industries, prompting the development of innovative grief therapy solutions.