The 'blu Marble' installation presents a 20-foot LED structure that will exhibit Earth from a NASA satellite for a month, starting on March 13th. The work is attributed to Chilean artist and activist Sebastian ErraZuriz and will be exhibited from the top of a building in New York City.
The work is part of a larger campaign called 'Pledge World by blu' and the thematics are strongly tied to existentialism. More specifically, it is a "reminder of our miraculously fragile existence."
The live stream installation is made possible through the development of a bot that goes through images of Earth from a NASA satellite. Then, the algorithm superimposes these images to reach a moveable live video sequence that is mesmerizing in its dynamic.
Image Credit: Sebastian ErraZuriz
Sebastian ErraZuriz Spotlights Earth from a NASA Satellite
1. Live Stream Installations - Opportunity for businesses to create immersive live stream installations using real-time images and videos.
2. Interactive LED Structures - Potential for industries to develop interactive LED structures that showcase dynamic visual content.
3. Existential-themed Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create advertising campaigns with existentialism as a key theme.
1. Art Installations - Artists can explore the use of technology and live streaming to create engaging and thought-provoking installations.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Marketers can leverage existential themes to create impactful campaigns that resonate with consumers.
3. LED Display Technology - Development of more advanced and interactive LED structures for various applications, including artistic and promotional displays.