The coloring book Drag Queens of the South was designed to add a little diversity to other ordinary activity books in the category.
The book was made entirely by hand by the visual artist and illustrator Kasten McClellan Searles. Designed in the illustrator's 'Little Rock' studio, the coloring book offers an array of images related to drag queens, drag kings and those who perform at gay clubs. Those who purchase the coloring book will have room to fill in the performers' hair, makeup and outfits – making their own designs and revealing their personal preferences on the fashions of this community.
Drag Queens of the South provides those who enjoy being part of or observing this community with the opportunity to create their own art associated with it.
'Drag Queens of the South' is a Performance-Focused Coloring Book
1. Diverse Activity Books - Creating coloring books that cater to diverse communities and interests can disrupt the traditional activity book market.
2. Personalized Coloring Experiences - Offering coloring books that allow individuals to customize and express their personal preferences can provide a unique and engaging experience.
3. Inclusivity in Art - Promoting art forms that represent marginalized communities, such as drag queens, can foster inclusivity and disrupt traditional artistic norms.
1. Publishing - Publishers can explore new markets by creating and promoting diverse activity books, tapping into the growing demand for inclusivity.
2. Art Supplies - Art supply companies can cater to the demand for personalized coloring experiences by offering a wide range of customizable products.
3. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can collaborate with drag queens and performers to create interactive experiences that engage audiences in a more inclusive way.