Do you know who Doug Pitt is? He's Brad Pitt's brother, and he isn't actually a celebrity, but Virgin Mobile Australia plans to change that with its latest campaign 'Fair Go Bro.' The Fair Go Bro campaign aims to promote Doug Pitt while simultaneously rebel laugh in the face of typical marketing campaigns that use celebrity endorsements.
The campaign, created by Euro RSCG and One Green Bean, comprises a commercial modeled after MTV Cribs and a dedicated website. Both focus on one goal: to get more Facebook 'likes' for Doug Pitt. The overall aim is to make Doug Pitt more famous, so the website is updated every time the number of 'likes' for Doug reaches a certain number. At these milestones, the site will reveal Doug at another stage of his celebrity "transformation," as well as provide visitors with chance to win deals from Virgin Mobile.
Virgin Mobile's 'Fair Go Bro' Promotes The Lesser Known Doug Pitt
1. Social Media Brand Awareness Campaigns - Companies are realizing the power of leveraging social media to promote lesser-known individuals and create engaging campaigns that break traditional models of celebrity endorsement.
2. Crowdsourced Celebrity Branding - Campaigns like 'Fair Go Bro' show that businesses can leverage social media engagement to effectively crowdsource celebrity branding and endorse lesser-known people or figures.
3. Comedic Celebrity Image Campaigns - Humor-based campaigns like 'Fair Go Bro' demonstrate that consumers respond well to comedic celebrity brand appeals, which provide potential disruptions to traditional endorsement models.
1. Marketing and Advertising - With a growing focus on alternative brand alignment strategies that break traditional marketing barriers, companies in this industry may benefit from crafting more creative campaigns that leverage social media and comedic expression.
2. Social Media - As social media continues to be a powerful force in shaping consumer behavior, innovative campaigns like the Fair Go Bro can equip marketers with new tools and strategies for effective customer engagement.
3. Entertainment - The increased engagement amongst celebrities, influencers and other public figures allows businesses in the entertainment industry—a sector that thrives on celebrity endorsement—to enhance their reach by connecting with audiences through lesser-known personalities.