This infographic illustrates the cost comparison of items in 1962 versus 2012. Titled 'From the Desk of Don Draper: The Cost of 1962 Today,' this cartoon depiction shows the drastic change in prices, all from of the desk of the infamous Don Draper.
Draper is a man of class and spends money as fast as he drinks. He drives a Cadillac Coup De Ville and lives comfortably in a Westchester, New York, home. This infographic dug up the information to demonstrate just how luxurious the man was.
The color indication is broken down into three categories: 1962 prices, inflation rate in 2012 dollars and 2012 prices. $5,385 was the price for a Cadillac Coup De Ville in 1962; today, it's up to $55,030.
This Don Draper Infographic Compares Prices from 1962 to 2012
1. Price Comparison - Opportunity to develop innovative pricing strategies by analyzing historical price changes.
2. Inflation Impact - Understanding the effects of inflation on prices can lead to innovative financial planning and investment strategies.
3. Luxury Evolution - Identifying changes in the luxury market over time can inspire disruptive innovations in the premium goods and services industry.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can explore opportunities to cater to the changing purchasing power and preferences of consumers.
2. Financial Services - Financial service providers can leverage inflation insights to develop innovative investment products and financial planning solutions.
3. Luxury Goods - The luxury goods industry can draw inspiration from historical luxury lifestyles and adapt their offerings to modern consumer demands.