I'm sure the lovable creature on this Domo Tin Lunch Box is familiar to many North Americans, but they aren't exactly who or what he is. Well, ladies and gentlemen, the brown cartoon figure with monstrous teeth is Domo-kun, a Japanese television mascot whose now become a pop culture phenomenon. And, if you're so inclined, you may now own the lovable creature as a part of your lunchbox.
The Domo Tin Lunch Box comes courtesy of Neatoshop if features an image of Domo-kun living in his humble abode, dancing with a bunny companion and a pair of bats hanging from the roof. Lovers of vintage lunch boxes are sure to want to have one of these in their collection.
Implications - Consumers enjoy goods with whimsical and childlike product designs because they provide consumers with minimal escapist experiences. Corporations may consider redesigning their wares to be more lighthearted in order to garner more consumer interest and business.
The Domo Tin Lunch Box Lets Domo-Kun Join You at Noon
1. Whimsical Product Design - Opportunity for corporations to redesign their wares to be more lighthearted and whimsical, providing consumers with minimal escapist experiences.
2. Pop Culture Phenomenon Merchandising - Brands may create merchandises inspired by famous characters from movies and television shows to tap into the fan-base and generate revenue.
3. Vintage Lunch Box Nostalgia - Opportunity to reintroduce classic designs and motifs for those who crave the nostalgia of simpler times.
1. Consumer Goods - Opportunity for corporations in this industry to adapt and cater to the whimsical product design trend to attract a younger demographic.
2. Entertainment - Opportunity for corporations in this industry to create merchandises around pop-culture characters or properties to increase brand awareness and revenue.
3. Antiques and Collectibles - Opportunity for businesses dealing with vintage and antique items to include vintage lunch boxes in their inventory to appeal to collectors who desire nostalgic items.