Not all that long ago, it was an impressive feature when pizza delivery companies offered online ordering; Domino's laughs in the face of those quaint, backwards times with its new Domino's AnyWare system. The recently announced pizza delivery platform, if it can rightly be called that, lets users order from the international pizza chain through virtually any preexisting platform or device that they use in their daily lives.
If ordering through any platform sounds like an exaggeration, it's worth listing out the myriad ways through which Domino's AnyWare makes the pizza available. With the new integrated system, customers can order through Google Home, Amazon Alexa, office chat app Slack, Facebook Messenger, text, in-car systems, smart TVs, smart watch, Tweet, voice, or Domino's proproetary Zero Click app. And if that weren't enough already, Domino's also promises more avenues for ordering in the future.
Domino's AnyWare Lets Consumers Order Though Any IoT Device
1. Integrated Pizza Delivery Systems - Domino's AnyWare system demonstrates the trend of integrating various ordering platforms to convenience customers.
2. Iot Ordering - The ability to order pizza through smart devices like Google Home and Amazon Alexa is an example of the trend toward IoT-enabled ordering.
3. Zero Click Ordering - Domino's Zero Click app trend shows the evolution of ordering systems towards seamless and effortless transactions.
1. Food Delivery - The food delivery industry can adopt integrated delivery systems to reach more customers using various connected devices.
2. Smart Home Devices - The trend for IoT-enabled ordering presents opportunities for manufacturers of smart home devices like Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
3. Chat and Voice Apps - Integrated delivery systems offer opportunities for messaging and voice app developers to create more partnerships for convenient and personalized delivery options.