Offering a meal to a stray dog often means giving it to them in a plastic container, so these edible dog food bowls are intended to be a no-mess, zero-waste way to feed hungry dogs. Designed by Namik Yigit Ildas, the dog bowls are created using tortellini bread and are molded into the shape of a bowl before being baked in the oven. This enables them to be used to offer stray dogs a meal or even for use with one's own pet when they're out of the house.
The edible dog food bowls help to eliminate the plastic waste that can be created when a bowl of food is left for a stray dog. After the main course has been finished, the bowl can be consumed by the dog for an extra bit of nutrition.
These Edible Dog Food Bowls Make Feeding Strays More Efficient
1. Edible Food Bowls - Using edible materials for food containers creates new opportunities for reducing waste in both the pet and food industries.
2. Zero-waste Feeding - Eliminating waste in the pet food industry through innovative products like edible food bowls can shift attitudes and behaviors toward more sustainable options.
3. DIY Pet Food - Making pet food from scratch, including edible food bowls, can offer pet owners more control over the ingredients and reduce waste.
1. Pet Food - Innovating in the pet food industry to create more sustainable and customizable options, like edible food bowls, can appeal to environmentally conscious pet owners.
2. Food Packaging - Exploring materials for food packaging, like edible options, can create more sustainable and innovative solutions to reduce waste and environmental harm.
3. Sustainable Technology - Incorporating sustainable technology, such as edible materials, into product design and manufacturing can create a more circular and regenerative economy, while reducing waste.