Disney and Kappa join forces to celebrate the 90th anniversary of Mickey Mouse -- the collaboration brings forth a selection of apparel for the Fall/Winter 2018 season adorned in motifs that reference the iconic character. The special collection draws classic sportswear silhouettes by Kappa including hoodies, tracksuits, and tees. All of the pieces are complete in branding that recalls Kappa and Mickey Mouse in a monochromatic color palette of only black, white and gray.
A notable design is the signature branding stripe on the tracksuits over the sides of the track pants and sleeves on the track jacket -- it is replaced by co-branding a patterning stripe of both the Kappa logo and Mickey Mouse emblem. The unisex apparel selection is set to drop on November 13th online at Kappa, at Bloomingdales, American Rag, Urban Outfitters, and Dollz Kill.
Disney and Kappa Celebrate Mickey Mouse's 90th Anniversary
1. Collaborative Licensing Collections - Disney teams up with Kappa for an exclusive collection of apparel to celebrate the 90th anniversary of Mickey Mouse.
2. Character-branded Sportswear - Sportswear brands can explore new markets and collaborations centered around character branding and collaborations.
3. Monochromatic Fashion - The collection offers inspiration for monochromatic fashion featuring black, white and gray shades for the sportswear market.
1. Fashion - The collaboration between Disney and Kappa offers innovative and unique apparel to the fashion industry.
2. Licensing - Companies can explore opportunities in the character licensing industry with new collaborations with various pop culture icons.
3. Sportswear - Sportswear brands can find inspiration in character branding and collaborations with entertainment entities such as Disney.