Friends with Knives is a stencil art project that brought together the forces of Dirty Pilot and PaperMonster for an exhibition opening on September 18th.
According to Trend Land, â€œFriends With Knives aim is to highlight the beauty behind stencil graffiti styles/techniques.â€ The artists involved in this project bring Friends with Knives to a global level with participants from Iran, Germany, Australia, France, UK, and the US.
Implications - Graffiti has seen a massive movement in the way it is culturally perceived. While it was once seen as a taboo street art for deviants and miscreants, it is now one of the most celebrated and renowned artforms across the globe and has adopted many forms from digital graffiti to stencil art.
Dirty Pilot and PaperMonster Team for 'Friends with Knives'
1. Stencil Graffiti Art - Stencil graffiti is evolving from a taboo street art to a celebrated and renowned art form across the globe.
2. Global Collaboration in Stencil Art - The Friends with Knives project showcases the potential for international artists to collaborate and showcase their work on a global level.
3. Digital Graffiti - Graffiti art is increasingly becoming more digital and can be seen in many digital locations like virtual and augmented reality.
1. Art and Design - The evolution of stencil graffiti offers opportunities for artists and designers to collaborate and explore new avenues of creativity.
2. Tourism and Travel - Cities and neighborhoods that feature vibrant and celebrated graffiti art could see a boost in tourism and travel.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Brands are exploring ways to incorporate graffiti art in their ad campaigns and social media platforms to connect with younger and diverse audiences.