Turning your room into a disco cave is now a possibility with the digital wallpaper by Strukt Design Studio. Beginning with a black and white striped room, the designers created the digital wallpaper by mounting multiple projectors to the ceiling and using tricky geometry mapping or ‘deskewing’ to map the projectors to the shape of the room. Hey, I said the disco cave was a possibility—I didn’t say it was easy!
So far, the designers’ digital wallpaper includes moving, psychedelic stripes and Pac-Man animation, both of which can apparently interact with the room’s occupants. Watch the video to see how this disco-esque light show works!
Projectors & Geometry Mapping Make Any Room a Light Show
1. Digital Wallpaper as Interactive Entertainment - Using projectors and geometry mapping, digital wallpaper can transform any room into an immersive and interactive light show experience.
2. Disruptive Potential of Projector Technology - The use of projectors and advanced geometry mapping techniques opens up new opportunities for creating unique visual displays in various industries.
3. Integration of Animation and Augmented Reality - Digital wallpaper combining moving stripes and animated characters with interactive elements can bring a new level of visual storytelling and engagement to different environments.
1. Hospitality - Digital wallpaper can be used in hotels, restaurants, and event spaces to create immersive and memorable experiences for guests.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage digital wallpaper for interactive installations, projection mapping shows, and theme park attractions.
3. Retail - Retail stores can utilize digital wallpaper to captivate customers with unique visual displays and create dynamic shopping environments.