The Die Antwoord by Alexander Wang collaboration for the SS 2012 T collection is a vision of spunk and badassery. The preview film features the rapper duo performing the track ‘Fatty Boom Boom’ from their new album Tension. While elements of chicness are maintained, the video is strange, signature to Die Antwoord.
The clothing collection features simple staples, like sweats and tees. The simplicity of the apparel works seamlessly with the grimy South African style of the musicians. The slouchy wear hangs off of both Yo Landi Vi$$er and Ninja with an effortless coolness -- the tanks are perfectly cut for showing off homemade tattoos. While the clothing is memorable and chic, the music forefronts in the campaign.
The Die Antwoord by Alexander Wang collaboration of edgy clothing and mysterious-minded musicians is a refreshing move in the high fashion world.
The Die Antwoord by Alexander Wang SS 2012 Collaboration is Fresh and Funky
1. Edgy Fashion Collaborations - Fashion brands collaborating with edgy musicians to create unique clothing collections.
2. South African Style Influence - Incorporating elements of gritty South African style into fashion design.
3. Effortless Coolness - Creating clothing that exudes a sense of laid-back coolness.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore collaborations with musicians or incorporate aspects of edgy style into their designs.
2. Music - Musicians can branch out into fashion design collaborations.
3. Tattoo Art - Opportunities for tattoo artists or designers to create tattoo-inspired clothing collections.