Dface recently finished his colossal graffiti piece entitled ‘Handle With Care,’ which depicts a sorrowful woman in 1940s apparel leaning on a crate. For those unfamiliar with Dface, he’s a UK-based street artist with a penchant for rendering classic comic-style images using the sides of buildings as his canvas. It’s as though he’s channeling the spirit of Roy Lichtenstein when producing his work since his visuals closely resemble pop art creations by the prolific American artist. Bringing this special brand of images to the street art community definitely solidifies Dface as a notable figure among graffiti aficionados.
If you’re looking to see ‘Handle With Care’ for yourself, you can do so in New York City.
Dface Graffitis Images Reminiscent of Roy Lichtenstein's Pop Art
1. Graffiti Art Revival - Artists are creating urban graffiti murals that pay homage to classic comic-style images, bringing this unique style of public art back into the spotlight.
2. Pop Art Resurgence - Artists are using classic pop art icons and techniques to create updated versions of this iconic art movement, infusing it with fresh new themes and commentary.
3. Large-scale Outdoor Art - Artists are creating massive outdoor murals that can be seen from miles around, turning urban landscapes into vibrant, colorful showcases that celebrate local artists and their work.
1. Street Art - Street art is a growing industry, with artists exploring new ways to create large-scale multi-dimensional murals that transform public spaces into works of art.
2. Fine Art - Fine art is being redefined as artists explore new mediums and techniques to create work that is innovative, thought-provoking, and accessible to a wider audience.
3. Tourism - Cities are seeing a surge in tourism as people come from all over the world to experience the vibrant, creative spirit of their local street art scenes.