When most people think of a sports car, the first thought that comes to mind are cruising down an open road at incredible speeds while literally sitting in the lap of luxury, but design-centric car company Detroit Electric's Detroit Electric SP:01 is using an old-fashioned car concept to change our ideas of the modern, eco-friendly lavish vehicle.
Scheduled for model production by the end of 2014, the Detroit Electric SP:01 is an electricity powered sports vehicle that bases its design off of Detroit Electric founder William C Anderson's 1907 car design.
At the time, petrol-powered cars were unreliable and dirty, so Anderson used electricity as an easy solution to this issue. Fast forward more than a century later and electricity is now being combined with the Detroit Electric SP:01's chic, two-seater design to create a modern day luxury experience that is environmentally friendly too.
The Detroit Electric SP:01 Puts a Modern Spin on an Old-Fashioned Design
1. Eco-friendly Sports Cars - The trend of electric sports cars incorporating sustainable and luxurious design.
2. Old-fashioned Car Design - The trend of incorporating vintage car designs into modern electric sports cars.
3. Environmentally Friendly Luxury Vehicles - The trend of creating luxurious vehicles that prioritize sustainability and eco-friendliness.
1. Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Industry - The electric vehicle manufacturing industry has an opportunity to capitalize on the increasing demand for eco-friendly sports cars.
2. Automotive Design Industry - The automotive design industry can tap into the trend of incorporating vintage elements into modern sports cars.
3. Luxury Automobile Industry - Luxury automobile brands can explore the disruption created by the demand for environmentally friendly and luxury-focused vehicles.