A series of comedic Gain Oxi laundry detergent ads has characters literally being tied to the shows that they're watching. Each print ad features a different person eating or drinking something while enjoying some entertainment. However, the hand that's holding the food is tied to a character in the show being watched. Accompanying this humorous visual is the text "Stains Happen."
Each ad shows a different scenario where you may get a stain on yourself. One ad has a soccer fan eating a hotdog while his hand is tied to the leg of a player. Another features a little girl eating ice cream with her hand tied to the arm of a serial killer about to murder somebody.
The campaign was conceived by Chicago-based ad agency Lapiz to promote Gain Oxi's detergent. Lapiz built the ads to inform viewers that accidents can happen when you least expect them.
This Collection of Detergent Ads Features Characters Tied to Shows
1. Branded Tie-ins - Opportunity for brands to tie-in with popular shows or products through humorous visual ads
2. Humorous Situations - Opportunity for brands to create humorous ads that showcase a common, relatable situation and demonstrate how their product can solve an issue
3. Attention-grabbing Messaging - Opportunity for brands to create ads that use attention-grabbing messaging to promote their products and services in a unique and memorable way
1. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising agencies to create unique and humorous campaigns that promote brand awareness and connect with audiences
2. Consumer Goods - Opportunity for consumer goods companies to showcase their products as a solution to everyday problems through humorous and relatable ads
3. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment companies to partner with brands and create tie-in promotions that connect with viewers and fans