Designer Daddy is the name of a humorous blog that's run by Brent Almond, a graphic designer and illustrator who adopted a son just over six years ago. Since beginning the blog five years ago, Almond has received a number of awards for Designer Daddy, and has been mentioned on popular sites like Mashable and the Huffington Post.
Although the content that's featured on Designer Daddy is always diverse, Almond most specifically focuses on issues surrounding the support of the LGBTQ community, dispelling stereotypes surrounding same sex couples in the media, while offering advice that's relevant to other parents.
Some of his most recent blog posts surround topics like sexual education, comparisons between gay and straight parents, board game and cocktail pairing ideas, and even one that offers some fatherly advice for the current US president.
Image Credit: Instagram @designerdaddy
Designer Daddy Communicates the Experiences of Two Gay Dads
1. Same-sex Parenting - Creating platforms and resources to support and dispel stereotypes about same-sex parenting.
2. LGBTQ Community Advocacy - Providing a space for LGBTQ individuals and families to share experiences and challenge societal norms.
3. Diverse Parenting Advice - Offering guidance and advice that is inclusive and relevant to all parents, regardless of sexual orientation.
1. Parenting Blogs - Opportunities to create online platforms that cater to diverse parenting experiences.
2. LGBTQ Media - Opportunities to produce media content that represents and supports the LGBTQ community.
3. Design and Illustration - Innovative ways to use design and illustration to challenge stereotypes and educate about same-sex parenting.