London-based charity DePaul UK have started up a social business selling cardboard boxes to help the homeless. The company collaborated with design agency Publicis London to come up with a new way to encourage people to donate to the homeless called the DePaul Box Company.
The charity is selling a range of hand-designed cardboard boxes with hand-drawn illustrations aimed at young couples who are moving home. Andy Bird of Publicis London explained: "In a crowded charity marketplace it's difficult to raise funds by simply asking for donations any more, so we created a product that helps to raise awareness for Depaul and of youth homelessness."
Prices range from £30 for a pack of ten, to 30 boxes for £60, with all proceeds going to re-housing homeless youths.
London-Based Charity DePaul UK Designs Cardboard Boxes to Help the Homeless
1. Social Business for Social Cause - Companies creating social businesses to help address social issues like homelessness.
2. Creative Fundraising Strategies - Charities are creating new and creative fundraisers to engage and encourage the public to donate.
3. Collaborations for Social Good - Collaborations between charities and design agencies to create products that promote social awareness and raise funds.
1. Charity - Charities are leveraging creative fundraising strategies and collaborations to bring in donations and raise awareness.
2. Design and Advertising - Design agencies are collaborating with charities to create unique products and campaigns that promote social awareness and raise funds.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - Social businesses are emerging as a unique opportunity to address social issues in a sustainable and profitable way.