If you want to hype a new music album, here’s a lesson in hype, as titled by my colleague Russell. The video says it all: the most hyper album release ever!
About 100 cycle couriers were sent onto the streets of London delivering 15 copies of the band’s new album, Chinese Democracy. Certain hard core fans had also been given the ability to buy the album a day early.
It reminds me of a rock and roll version of the armed guard PR shots around the launch of the latest Harry Potter book, which would, of course, make perfect sense.
Guns & Roses Hype ‘Chinese Democracy' by Bicycle
1. Guerrilla Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity for brands to create unconventional and attention-grabbing marketing campaigns, like using bicycle couriers to deliver exclusive products.
2. Street Promotions - Opportunity for businesses to engage with their target audience directly on the streets through creative and interactive promotional activities, such as distributing limited edition products.
3. Fan Engagement - Opportunity for artists and bands to build a strong and dedicated fan base by offering exclusive and unique experiences, like giving certain fans early access to new releases.
1. Music - Opportunity for music industry professionals to experiment with alternative album launch strategies to generate excitement and buzz among fans and media.
2. Marketing - Opportunity for marketing professionals to explore guerrilla marketing techniques and creative street promotions as a way to engage consumers and create brand awareness.
3. Entertainment - Opportunity for the entertainment industry to enhance fan engagement and loyalty through innovative and exclusive experiences, such as VIP access to pre-release content.