Artist Sarah Hillienburger creates the delicate knitted organs seen here as well as other really cool stuff like the wooden ‘tree burger’ which she has named, Mc Forest.
I totally adore the way the wool is used to look like a vein on the heart as it is so delicate. I also HEART the knitted brain - I think it would look really cool on a knitted cardigan collar. On that note, I am totally in love with the pom pom outfit.
Worth a mention too, from her portfolio, is the series of phallic-shaped cacti entitled ‘Viagra’.
Art of Sarah Hillienberger Includes Furry Guts and Phallic Cacti
1. Knitted Arts - The use of knitted materials in artistic creations presents opportunities for unique and innovative designs.
2. Organic-inspired Art - Artworks featuring organic shapes and forms, such as knitted organs, offer a fresh and captivating artistic perspective.
3. Humorous Artistic Creations - Artworks that incorporate humor, like the phallic-shaped cacti series, have the potential to engage viewers and provoke conversations.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can explore the use of knitted materials and organic-inspired art to create visually striking and thought-provoking pieces.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry could experiment with incorporating knitted organs into garments, offering a unique and playful twist on traditional designs.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can explore incorporating knitted organ-inspired sculptures or accessories to bring a whimsical touch to interior spaces.