The 'New Silver' Exhibit by David Zink Yi is a series of metal palm trees. The trees boast impeccable detailing and are specified to the species 'Washingtonia Robusta,' which are common in California.
Actual palm trees of this species reach 35m in height, making leaves of these trees inaccessible to humans. What David Zink Yi hopes to accomplish through this exhibit is the actual experience of Washingtonia Robusta, which he achieves with a cool urban twist.
The 'New Silver' Exhibit by David Zink Yi Replaces Green with Silver
1. Metallic Botanicals - Artificial trees made from metal materials are replacing traditional greenery in public spaces and exhibition centers.
2. Industrial Eclecticism - Aesthetic styles that merge natural and industrial themes are becoming increasingly popular in the arts and design world.
3. Virtual Nature - Advancements in virtual and augmented reality technology are allowing people to experience nature in a completely new way.
1. Art & Design - There is room for innovation in the art and design industry by exploring the intersection of natural themes and industrial materials in diverse mediums.
2. Real Estate & Property Development - Developers can explore the use of metallic botanicals in public spaces such as plazas, parks, and intersections as an alternative to live trees that require maintenance and upkeep.
3. Technology & Entertainment - The integration of virtual and augmented reality into public parks and gatherings can offer unique and interactive experiences that simulate being in nature.