“DataDots consists of tiny discs, about the size of a grain of sand, each laser-etched with multiple lines of code. The code is unique for each asset. The code is stored on our worldwide verification database DataBaseDNA. In some instances the DataDots simply carries the ‘primary identifier’ issued by the manufacturer of the asset – for example DataDots can carry the full Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) as issued by the car manufacturer.” - DataDotDNA
DataDot’s “microdots” are most commonly used to guard motor vehicles, motor cycles, trailers, marine craft, business and personal assets. A microdot system or simply "DataDots", and in Europe they are spread under the name "Eurodot". Every DataDot kit comes with 400 “microdots”, so there’s bounty of spare in case you desire to stick multiple on your gadgets. At $25 a pack, DataDot doesn’t really offer a real protection, just some composure for someone who spends hundreds on gadgets every year.
DataDots Protection for Your Gadgets
1. Microdot Technology - The use of DataDots microdots can be expanded to different industries such as jewelry, art, and antiques for protection purposes.
2. Asset Identification System - DataDot's unique identifying code can be used in tracking and monitoring assets, which can be useful for logistics, transportation, and supply chain industries.
3. Anti-counterfeiting Solutions - DataDots' unique codes can also be used to authenticate products in industries such as luxury goods, pharmaceuticals, and electronics.
1. Electronics Industry - DataDot's microdot technology can be used to protect electronic devices and deter theft, creating an opportunity for the electronics industry.
2. Logistics Industry - The unique identification system of DataDots can be utilized to monitor and track packages, providing an opportunity for the logistics industry.
3. Luxury Goods Industry - The anti-counterfeiting solutions provided by DataDots can be utilized by luxury goods manufacturers to ensure the authenticity of their products.