Starbucks' new Dark Mocha Frappuccino is a flavor that will only be offered at select locations – in its 1500 Starbucks locations in Targets across America.
Starbucks' Frappuccinos tend to be excessively sweet, putting consumers who don't have a sweet tooth off. The Dark Mocha Frappuccino on the other hand is able to appeal to this consumer base, offering a beverage that is based in extra dark cocoa along with its usual espresso, milk, ice and whipped cream.
The fact that this beverage is only being offered at Target locations is indicative of two things – that the brand is seeking to create more buzz around the product by enhancing its exclusivity, and that it is likely testing to see how well the beverage does for later release.
Target is Offering a Dark Mocha Drink at Its Starbucks Locations
1. Exclusivity Marketing - The use of exclusivity as a marketing strategy to create buzz around new products is becoming increasingly popular among businesses.
2. Dark Chocolate Beverages - The trend towards dark chocolate-flavored beverages in the retail sector is growing, as more consumers seek out healthier, indulgent drink options.
3. Customization Technology - The integration of technology that allows for customization of drinks, such as through an app or touchscreen, is becoming a disruptive innovation opportunity in the beverage industry.
1. Retail - Retailers are exploring new ways to enhance the customer experience by offering exclusive products and services.
2. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry is seeing growing demand for healthier, indulgent options such as dark chocolate-flavored beverages.
3. Technology - Technology companies specializing in customized ordering and user interface design are poised to disrupt the beverage industry with new innovations.