Vans honors the life of Daniel Johnston with the latest collection of apparel that aims to promote mental health awareness. The artist's slogan "Hi, How Are You" is printed throughout several items in the new collection and is also a foundation that was formulated to celebrate the artist's memory and promotes healthier mental well-being through different media, projects, and special events.
It aims to support and inspire the community by inspiring conversations around the topic of mental health. The capsule is made up of apparel and retro footwear designs that are true to the artist's design language. The footwear silhouettes that join the collection include the Vans Skate Authentic, the Slip-On, and the Sk8-Hi sneaker model.
Image Credit: Vans
Daniel Johnston Joins Forces with Vans on a New Capsule
1. Mental Health Apparel - The production of clothing and accessories that promote mental health awareness.
2. Artist Collaborations - Artists collaborating with fashion brands to create collections that raise awareness for important social issues.
3. Retro Footwear Design - The resurgence of retro footwear designs that hold cultural significance and nostalgia for consumers.
1. Fashion - Opportunities for fashion brands to collaborate with artists and promote social causes through their designs and collections.
2. Mental Health - New opportunities for mental health organizations to partner with companies in the fashion industry using their fashion as a platform to raise awareness to promote mental health.
3. Footwear - Opportunities for footwear brands to tap into nostalgia and cultural significance in their designs as a way of attracting consumers.