Vans has teamed up with the estate and ‘Hi, How Are You’ Foundation of the late musician and artist Daniel Johnston to release reworked versions of the ‘Vans Skate Authentic,’ ‘Slip-On,’ and ‘Sk8-Hi.’ The collection aims to support and inspire new conversations on mental health.
“Hi, How Are You?” is printed across the sneaker silhouettes alongside detailed artworks taken from Johnston's ‘Respect’ and ‘Don’t Be Scared’ lo-fi albums. Styles like ‘Slip-On’ and ‘Sk8-Hi’ feature a graphics-filled checkerboard design, while ‘Skate Authentic’ has a black canvas base with drawings extending from the midsoles to the uppers.
Vans is also releasing a range of Johnston-inspired apparel to accompany the sneakers, including hoodies, shirts, chino pants, totes, etc. The capsule is available on the Vans website and at select retailers.
Image Credit: Vans
Vans Celebrates the Life of Daniel Johnston With a New Drop
1. Mental Health Awareness Fashion Collections - Opportunity for companies to collaborate with mental health organizations and release fashion collections that inspire conversations on mental health.
2. Art Collaboration Fashion Collections - Opportunity for artists and fashion brands to collaborate and release fashion collections inspired by the artists' works.
3. Reworked Sneaker Collections - Opportunity for sneaker brands to release reworked versions of their classic sneaker silhouettes in collaboration with artists or organizations and for a good cause.
1. Fashion Industry - Collaboration opportunities with artists and organizations to release fashion collections that support a cause.
2. Mental Health Industry - Collaboration opportunities with fashion brands to raise awareness and start conversations on mental health.
3. Sneaker Industry - Opportunity to release reworked versions of classic sneaker silhouettes in collaboration with artists or organizations and for a good cause.