I love typography posters, and ones with song lyrics are even better. This piece by Dallas Shaw features my favorite part of 'The Safety Dance' by Men Without Hats: "Because your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine."
Check out some other retro typography art below, and be sure to relive the '80s by watching the Men Without Hats video above.
Implications - Consumers are currently turning to nostalgia-inducing products as a coping mechanism for the ever-changing technological and economic front. Corporations can capitalize on this new consumer spending pattern by releasing products and providing services which hearken to specific culturally significant decades, satiating consumers' need for familiarity and giving them solace.
Dallas Shaw Paints 'The Safety Dance' by Men Without Hats
1. Nostalgia-inducing Products - Opportunity for corporations to release products that tap into specific culturally significant decades to cater to consumers' need for familiarity.
2. Typography Posters - Opportunity for artists to create visually appealing posters featuring song lyrics and nostalgic themes.
3. Retro Art Revival - Opportunity for artists and designers to revive retro art styles and cater to consumers seeking nostalgic aesthetics.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to tap into the demand for retro-inspired art.
2. Consumer Goods - Opportunity for corporations to release nostalgic products that cater to consumers' desire for familiarity.
3. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment industry to create content that capitalizes on nostalgia and appeals to consumers seeking a connection to their favorite decade.