Sedki Alimam recently created a series of Cyclops images; however, they don't depict the iconic Greek mythology monster the way you would normally imagine -- or the X-Men member, for that matter. These images are one-eyed renditions of famous male pop culture cartoon characters.
The one-eyed characters include fictional personalities like Homer Simpson, Batman, Super Mario, Gandalf and Darth Vader. The graphic designer from Uppsala, Sweden also imagined the characters with bold mustaches and long oval heads. He also only designed them from the torso-up.
The series is aptly titled “Him” and puts extra emphasis on the characters by using brightly colored and complimenting backgrounds. Every man is illustrated on a thick horizontal striped canvas.
These Cyclops Images Infuse Famous Pop Culture Characters
1. One-eyed Cartoon Characters - Designing famous male pop culture cartoon characters with one eye and bold mustaches creates disruption in character design and branding.
2. Bold Mustaches on Fictional Characters - Adding distinctive mustaches to classic fictional characters can create disruption in merchandise and promotional campaigns.
3. Thick Horizontal Striped Canvas Backgrounds - Using thick horizontal striped canvas backgrounds in character illustrations can disrupt the traditional flat color backgrounds and create a new trend in digital design.
1. Graphic Design - Graphic design firms can leverage one-eyed, bold mustache character design to offer new branding and marketing strategies for clients in diverse industries.
2. Animation - Agencies that specialize in animation can create new content and stories using one-eyed characters with bold mustaches to differentiate their productions and capture the audience.
3. Merchandising - Retailers can leverage the recognizable one-eyed and bold mustache style to create new products and merchandise around fictional characters that can stand out in a crowded market.