After all of the color-blocking fashion we have been exposed to over the last few weeks, it is nice to see an editorial such as the Cutting Edge spread focus on one accent color. Considering how dominating this bold crimson hue is, there really is no reason to use any other competing color.
Shot by Nicoline Patricia Malina, the Cutting Edge photo spread is as exotic as it is edgy. Of course, since it appeared in the July 2011 issue of Harper's Bazaar Indonesia magazine, I shouldn't be so surprised. Although some of the looks in the Cutting Edge editorial seem rather hipster, there is a sleek sophistication present that makes them transcend that overused label.
Overall, the Cutting Edge photo spread will inspire experimental style with hints of vibrant colors.
The 'Cutting Edge' Photo Series Focuses on One Bold Color
1. Color-blocking Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new ways to incorporate multiple bold colors into fashion designs.
2. Exotic Photo Spreads - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create visually captivating and culturally diverse photo shoots for fashion magazines.
3. Experimental Style - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce unconventional fashion trends and encourage individuals to explore their personal style boundaries.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate bold colors and unique concepts into clothing lines to offer consumers more vibrant and individualistic options.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new techniques and concepts for fashion photography to showcase garments in visually captivating ways.
3. Magazine Publishing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create engaging and culturally diverse editorial content to attract new readers and expand the target audience of fashion magazines.