Tired of the same old manicure? Spice it up with these newspaper nails by 'Cute Polish' and rock the headlines in style. Newspaper ink rubbing off on your hands is nothing new and this process is just as easy: all you'll need is scissors, nail polish base coat, pale nail polish color, any newspaper, alcohol (such as vodka or other clear spirits) and top coat. The video tutorial was created by none other than Cute Polish, a popular YouTube channel with how-to nail guides.
To get these stylin' newspaper nails, pour the alcohol in a glass and cut small newspaper pieces big enough to cover your nails. Apply your base coat, varnish and polish, and when your nails are dry, soak them in the alcohol. Cover your nails with small pieces of newspaper and then slowly remove the paper. This will leave the ink on the nail surface. Once it dries, apply a layer of top coat and voilà! Newspaper nails à la Cute Polish.
Cute Polish Shows You How to Sport the Headlines as a Manicure
1. DIY Nails - A trend for individuals seeking to express themselves through unique nail designs.
2. At-home Beauty - A trend for individuals choosing to perform beauty treatments at home instead of visiting salons or spas.
3. Personalized Fashion - A trend for individuals seeking to personalize their style through unique clothing and accessory choices.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - This industry should explore developing DIY nail kits to meet the demand for at-home beauty treatments.
2. Fashion and Apparel - This industry should explore offering customization options for clothing and accessories to meet the demand for personalized fashion.
3. Art and Craft Supplies - This industry should explore developing and promoting products that cater to the DIY nail trend such as special ink or decals.