91% of all glasses are still sold in retail optic shops but Dear Dear Eyewear is a start-up that's on a mission to change how eyewear is sold by offering innovative custom styles with 3D printing and online model. With its 3D-printed glasses, the brand aims to offer styles to suit all styles and give consumers the ability to personalize pairs to match their personality.
Dear Dear Eyewear uses both augmented reality and 3D printing to create lightweight styles that can be modified as desired with different frame shapes and colored lenses. The customization process begins by choosing a base model, some of which are rounder and others that are more rectangular, plus a color of choice. Those who are looking for inspiration can also visit the curated gallery on Dear Dear Eyewear's site.
Dear Dear Eyewear Creates 3D-Printed Glasses for Every Personality
1. 3d-printed Glasses - The use of 3D printing technology to create innovative and personalized glasses presents opportunities for disruption in the eyewear industry.
2. Augmented Reality in Eyewear - The integration of augmented reality into the customization process for eyewear offers potential for disruptive innovation in the industry.
3. Online Eyewear Retail - The availability of personalized and customizable glasses through online retailers like Dear Dear Eyewear may disrupt the traditional retail optic shop industry.
1. Eyewear Manufacturing - The use of 3D printing technology to manufacture eyewear presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the traditional eyewear manufacturing industry.
2. Online Retail - The ability to personalize and customize glasses through online retailers like Dear Dear Eyewear may disrupt the traditional retail optic shop industry and create opportunities for innovation in the online retail space.
3. Augmented Reality Technology - The integration of augmented reality into the customization process of eyewear presents potential for innovation in the technology industry as well as the eyewear industry.