As a maker of custom boots, Poppy Barley is a brand that strongly believes one size doesn't fit all. Poppy Barley was founded by sisters Kendall and Justine Barber, reviving the tradition of making bespoke boots something to be expected in the mass market, rather than a luxury.
At some time or other, you've probably set your eyes on a pair of boots, only to be disappointed that they're not available in your size. If not this, you might have tried on a pair of dream shoes and found that they pinched or pressed somewhere that they shouldn't. Poppy Barley is all about creating footwear that's tailored just to suit your needs. Poppy Barley's name comes from barleycorns and poppy seeds, which used to be used as units of measurement way back when crafting custom shoes for everybody was the norm.
Image Credit: Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley's Custom Boots are Tailor-Made to Fit Only You
1. Bespoke Footwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a platform that connects consumers with craftsmen to create custom footwear.
2. Mass Market Customization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement technologies like 3D printing or digital scanning to efficiently produce tailor-made shoes for the mass market.
3. Anti-standard Sizing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use data and advanced algorithms to create personalized sizing models that cater to individual foot shapes and sizes.
1. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate virtual fitting technologies to offer personalized shopping experiences for customers in the fashion retail industry.
2. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop an online platform specifically for customizable footwear, allowing customers to design and order their own personalized shoes.
3. Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate automation and digital technologies into the footwear manufacturing process to streamline the production of custom-made shoes.