This recipe for crumb muffins incorporates the classic combination of PB and J. From How Sweet It Is, the Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumb Muffins can be enjoyed at any point throughout the day, from breakfast to a midnight snack.
The soft baked goods are made with strawberry preserves, but you can change the recipe and use whatever flavored jelly or jam you prefer. Described as cookie muffin hybrids, the treats have a dense quality due to the peanut butter. The rich crumb topping is just an added bonus. The finished result is one that will certainly have you feeling nostalgic for your elementary school days. Of course, there's no rule against enjoying these at any age.
These Rich and Buttery Crumb Muffins are Made with Peanut Butter and Jelly
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Flavor Trend - Opportunity to capitalize on the popular flavor combination by introducing it into new product categories.
2. Hybrid Baked Goods Trend - Disruptive innovation opportunity to combine two classic baked goods to create new and unique flavor experiences.
3. Nostalgic Snack Trend - Opportunity to target consumers who crave familiar and comforting flavors and packaging designs in snack products.
1. Bakery - Innovative bakery companies can incorporate the PB&J flavor trend into their existing products or create new products to appeal to nostalgic consumers.
2. Snack Food - Snack food manufacturers can create new PB&J flavored products that cater to both children and adults, tapping into the nostalgia that this flavor evokes for many consumers.
3. Convenience Store - Convenience stores can leverage the popularity of nostalgic snack foods and introduce new products featuring the PB&J flavor combination to attract both new and returning customers.