The art of embroidery is dying out with every new generation and with fewer grandmothers teaching their granddaughters the traditional skill, the Cross Stitch iPhone Case may take their place. Or perhaps it will prove to be a demonstration that some of granny's hobbies are worth taking up.
Purl Soho sells the crafty mobile phone protector in six vibrant colors. Each has a back that's entirely perforated with a grid of 69 by 33 holes ideal for fine needlework. With the purchase of any single smartphone case come three spools of string in different hues as well as a needle for threading them through. A helpful booklet full of fun designs shows you what to do and inspires some beautiful motifs for your Cross Stitch iPhone Case.
Photo Credits: The Purl Bee
The Cross Stitch iPhone Case Encourages Low-Tech Creativity
1. Embroidery Trend - The increasing interest in embroidery allows for growth in a market that has traditionally been overlooked.
2. DIY Crafting Trend - As more people turn to DIY crafting, businesses can capitalize on providing unique and customizable materials.
3. Low-tech Tech Trend - As technology continues to dominate, products that allow for the use of traditional, low-tech methods can provide a refreshing change for consumers.
1. Crafting Industry - The crafting industry can utilize the increasing interest in embroidery and DIY crafting, providing unique and customizable materials, kits and tools.
2. Tech Accessory Industry - The tech accessory industry can cater to the Low-Tech Tech Trend by providing consumers with tech products that allow them to use traditional methods for personalization.
3. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can take advantage of the Embroidery Trend, incorporating embroidery into their designs and providing education on the skill to new generations.