Farm-to-phone app CropSwap is introducing a new subscription service called CropBox that gives customers more freedom, convenience and flexibility when it comes to buying local. Consumers are able to sign up and receive fresh local produce, honey, plants, seeds and other goods in a way that makes sense to them. As well as helping to give consumers a better sense of where their food comes from, the service also offers customization, so that members can receive monthly shipments or bi-weekly vegetable boxes.
While consumers will benefit from being able to shop locally, the subscription service also helps to empower local farmers and growers, especially at a time when summer farmer's markets can't operate as in years past.
Image Credit: CropSwap
CropSwap's CropBox Subscription Makes It Easy to Support Local
1. Farm-to-phone - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop mobile platforms that connect consumers directly to local farmers and offer customizable subscription services.
2. Customizable Subscriptions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create subscription models that allow customers to personalize and tailor their purchases according to their preferences.
3. Supporting Local Agriculture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement technologies that facilitate the support of local farmers and growers, such as online platforms that connect consumers with local produce.
1. Agriculture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate online platforms and subscription services into the agriculture industry to facilitate local produce distribution.
2. Food Delivery - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new subscription models and apps that focus on delivering fresh and local produce directly to consumers.
3. Farmers' Markets - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create virtual farmers' markets or online platforms that enable local farmers and growers to reach a wider audience and sustain their businesses.