Sonic recently debuted a new hot dog dish, which will feature a rich and buttery croissant bun. The new menu item is called the 'Croissant Dog' and it will be available at participating restaurant locations for a limited amount of time.
The new dish features a traditional hot dog frank, wrapped in a flaky croissant bun. The Croissant Dog is available in two varieties: Original and the decadent Bacon Double Cheddar. The Original Croissant Dog is topped with a generous helping of yellow mustard, while the Bacon Double Cheddar version features spicy mustard, bacon and a mix of cheddar cheese and rich cheese sauce.
The Croissant Dog is not the first time Sonic has experimented with hybrid bun alternatives. Other unusual offering have included a pretzel bun, as well as a cheesy bread bun.
This Unusual New Hot Dog Dish Features a Flaky Croissant Bun
1. Hybrid Hot Dog Buns - Opportunity for bakeries to develop and market innovative hybrid hot dog bun options.
2. Flaky Croissant Bun - Potential for pastry and fast food industries to collaborate and create unique croissant-based dishes.
3. Alternative Bun Options - Potential for restaurants and fast food chains to differentiate themselves by offering unique and unconventional bun alternatives.
1. Bakery Industry - Opportunity for bakeries to expand their product offerings by developing and producing different types of hybrid hot dog buns.
2. Fast Food Industry - Opportunity for fast food chains to attract customers with innovative croissant-based dishes like the Croissant Dog.
3. Pastry Industry - Opportunity for pastry shops and bakeries to collaborate with fast food chains to create unique croissant-based dishes and hybrid bun options.