Limited-edition Crocs Clogs have made an appearance on fashion runways before and this season, Crocs collaborated with KFC on a pair of shoes for New York Fashion Week. The Kentucky Fried Chicken x Crocs Clogs boast an all-over fried chicken pattern and include stripes across the bottom portion of the shoes to pay tribute to the pattern of the chain's iconic red and white striped bucket.
There are two versions of the limited-edition footwear design, one that takes the form of a towering platform style worn by artist Me Love Me a Lot (MLMA) during NYFW events and the Fried Chicken x Crocs Classic Clog—fortunately for fans of the fried chicken chain and the comfortable shoes, the latter will be available to purchase as of spring 2020.
Image Credit: Crocs
KFC Debuted a Pair of Crocs Clogs at New York Fashion Week
1. Food-inspired Fashion - This trend presents opportunities for food and fashion companies to collaborate and create limited-edition designs that appeal to foodies and fashionistas alike.
2. Branded Merchandise - The popularity of this collaboration highlights the potential for fast food chains and other brands to expand their merchandise lines beyond traditional products.
3. Nostalgic Design - Designs that incorporate nostalgic iconography or patterns can appeal to consumers who seek familiarity or a sense of comfort in their products.
1. Fast Food - Fast food chains have an opportunity to create branded merchandise beyond traditional products to capture new revenue streams.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore collaborations with food companies or tap into nostalgic design trends to capture consumer interest and stand out in a crowded market.
3. Merchandising - Branding and merchandising companies can help fast food chains and brands create high-quality merchandise that appeals to consumers and creates new revenue streams.